Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Metroid Prime

I have not been as frequent as I should be updating this blog. I am sorry to no one because zero people read this anyway. But lately I have been playing Metroid Prime, the first one, thanks to Joe. I have Echoes, but I have never really enjoyed the first one.


The first is way better than the second. Mainly because there are not limitations to the beams. In Echoes, you kept needing to collect Light and Dark ammo, whereas in MP1 the Wave, Ice, and Plasma beams are not hindered by limitations. I also like how the game moves a lot more smoothly. Once you gain a power up, you promptly figure out where it is you must go next, and then you find your next power up.

It seems like the game is just handing you all these power ups! I have had the game no longer than three weeks and I already have the Phazon Suit, in Echoes I had been playing over a month ebfore I found the damn Dark Visor. Or the Annihilator. The Light Suit took so long to get too, but that was sweet. Not as sweet as the Phazon Suit.

Maybe because I experienced Echoes first, MP1 just seems that much easier, because I have the jist of things. But MP1 being a huge step forward for the Metroid series (transition from 2D to 3D) I can imagine being equally difficult having never played Echoes.

I am pleased that once the game is ebaten, the Hard mode is unlocked, because that is a challenge that would suit my gaming skills and needs.

No comments: