Sunday, October 02, 2005

Top 5 Most Wanted - No. 5

Over the next couple of posts, I will cover 5 of my most wanted games that have been released recently or will be released by the Holidays. Today is Fire Emblem: Path of Radience.


I love Fire Emblem, that is a given. America has been deprived of many great games, and Fire Emblem is one of them. That is until the first American import came on the GBA. Turn based strategy has never been finer. Throw in a great plot with many twists, and then you have the next big thing. Then in May, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones came out, and I immediately downloaded the ROM. (ROMs are easier to play because I can save at the beginning of every turn, and then if someone dies, I can restart.) I am replaying it now as a matter of fact because there are many missions to play and character to unlock.


Now the first Gamecube Fire Emblem is beautiful. They keep the same gameplay, which includes the turn based strategy and RPG style level ups. Plus, if this is even possible, the story is bigger than both GBA games combined, and is sure to pack in more twists. I guarantee that 2 hours into the story, you have already abondoned the initial goal and are now helping other people with theirs. Then another 30 hours after that, you can't even remember what you started fighting for.


October 11 is the released date, but I will wait until after that. Games like these always have a price drop around mid- to late-November. The same thing happened to Metroid Prime 2: Echoes last year. And I promise you, when I get this game, all my friends will get blown off for my own personal fun. Tune in next time when I will cover Battalion Wars.

No comments: