Thursday, October 06, 2005

Top 5 Most Wanted - No. 1

Here it is, the number 1 spot. True Crime: New York City. Two years ago we saw Streets of LA try to be a good attempt at a GTA, and in some ways, it succeeded. A more linear gameplay with a straight forward story intrigued me, but at my experience level, it took me under a week to complete.


What excites me about NYC is that the producers have corrected almost every flaw LA had. Almost every building you see can be entered, and all the people on the streets are interactive. That is sweet because all the buildings in LA were just giant block renderings that jumped out at you and said "Look at me! I'm an ugly house in the middle of the Downtown area!"


Also, I loved how the fighting in LA made it different from any GTA. You could kick, punch, block, anything, and this helped vary the missions and added some excitement to the game. I also loved in LA how you fought fat Russians in the bathroom of a spa.


LA lacked motocycles, but it seems as if NYC has added them in. Yay! I also hope in NYC that the physics while driving a car is realistic. Man oh man, driving in LA was terrible. Good, but not GTA good.


True Crime: New York City is scheduled for a release date of November 15. Still, I now that this game will drop in price sooner or later. It is such a shame that I totally forgot about the price drop factor when I got Killer 7. Forget that, Killer 7 is freakin' sweet! I hope you enjoyed the Top 5 Most Wanted for the first week of October. Since I had so much fun making this, expect to see a lot more Top 5's in the Star Wars and Video Game blog!

No comments: