Sunday, October 23, 2005

Have I mentioned Killer 7 is freakin' sweet?

I know that I must have at least once or twice mentioned that.... But now that I have my memory card back, I can continue playing Killer 8 mode, where I can use young Harman as a persona to blow away those suicide bombing monsters. They hurt a lot more though when they get you, and the movement system still sucks when trying to run away, but I keep coming back for the story.

Which is what I wanna talk about. After completion, I was a frequent visitor and contributor to IGN's message boards, where myself and other gamers theorized what in the world happened. But recently in Japan, they released a book called "Hand in Killer 7" that explains the truth behind everything. Which means, everything theorized (maybe half) was completely wrong.

Something good came from this book: closure. We learn the truths behind the Killer 7's shape changing and personality switching ability, as well as a clear timeline to the events leading up to, and why we keep seeing the ghosts of those we have eliminated after we (we as in the Killer 7) kill them.

Something bad also came from this book: no more theories. It was great thinking that Garcian was actually having mental problems. He was the one who killed the Smith Syndicate, and took their weapons. When he armed himself with a weapon he became that person. But no. Not anymore. It was fun while it lasted.

But in the end, one must lose. Peace can never last (just ask Japan, my first playthough, I destroyed their country). I (as Emir Parkreiner) killed Kenjiro Matsuoko in cold blood. Oh boy that was a tough decision wheter or not I wanted to kill him (I did not want to, but I could feel Emir wanted to).

To conclude, I now have the game's official soundtrack. What a loser I am. But it is truly amazing. It reminds me of the game, from the song Rave On (the Vinculum Gate music) to the song Reenactment (the ending credits song, the second time we get the credits). In the name of Harman...

Too bad you do not get taht last sentence, it is from the game. So I leave you with a quote.

Christoper Mills: May the Lord smile...
Garcian Smith: ...and the Devil have mercy.

No comments: