Thursday, July 03, 2008

Round 1 - Bracket A - Match 4

2. Tetris





Vs.




7.
Knights of the Old Republic

Sorry for the week off all three of you. Taking a pretty high spot for a puzzle game is Tetris, but can you really blame me? It is Tetris. Its opponent is one of the best Star Wars games out there, and it really does not play like a Star Wars game would normally, but you get wrapped up in the universe. Let us begin.

-----

The best puzzle game out there is Tetris. Nobody should dispute that. It has spanned decades of gaming across many platforms, but is best in the handheld world. Not just Gameboy handheld, but I had Tetris on my calculator in high school and that got me through a lot of long and boring classes (mainly seminar). It is quick to pick up and get into, action-packed, and is never the same game twice. It can be easy a lot, but can be difficult to downright impossible just as much.

Favorite worthy? Definitely. I can say it is my favorite puzzle game without falter. Dr. Mario has nothing on Tetris. Wario's Woods? Not even close. Tetris 2? Boo. Tetris should have the longest lifespan for any videogame because of its timeliness, fun factor, addictive nature, and capability to be played anywhere and on anything. If I looked across all the games on this list, Tetris would easily be the game I could never ever ever ever ever NEVER get sick of.

-----

Knights of the Old Republic is crazy cool. I love Star Wars. I love RPGs. Greatest combination before the Wings added Rafalski to compliment Lidstrom. Games like this are perfect for character customization, which adds to the fun. I like choosing what my guy looks like, what armor he wears, the perks his lightsaber gets, and most importantly: how he levels up.

If I had an Xbox 360, and had played Mass Effect for more than two hours, than Mass Effect would have taken this spot on the list, and possibly had been higher up on the list. That calls for more customization in every way possible (if only my laptop could handle the PC version better). But KotOR is still awesome because I love building my characters. You could choose to be good or evil, giving me multiple playthroughs. Long story short: being evil was more fun. Take THAT Carth Onasi!

-----

This battle was over before it begun. Tetris is the winner, 110%. I mean, look at GameFAQs latest character battle; L-Block was the winner. Sure, it may have been a joke, but that just speaks at how great Tetris is.

Winner: Tetris

No comments: