Tuesday, May 19, 2009

PS3 Fallout 3 DLC - OMG!

(^ It rhymes)

But yes, it is official. In an exclusive interview with IGN, Fallout 3 Game Director Todd Howard announced that the three current DLC will come to PlayStation Network starting in June with Operation Anchorage. A period of about a month separates the next release, The Pitt, and then yet another month before Broken Steel (an a raised level cap). Ugh.

It breaks my balls that it will not be until roughly August that I can take my character(s) up to level 30. This leaves me wondering why I would want to download the first two expansions before Broken Steel when the experience would be wasted.



For the Xbox and PC crowd, two more DLC offerings are coming before they hit the PS3: Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta. Come October, all five DLC will be available on disc with the Fallout 3: Game of the Year edition.

I pretty much want only Broken Steel. More so for the capability of leveling up to 30. I'm sure even without the bonus missions, I could go back through the Capital Wasteland and hit 30 with what is already there. I hit 20 hours before I was even close to finishing the story. Hours. And believe me, I committed a lot of hours to Fallout 3, like any good gamer should have.

No comments: