Monday, June 29, 2009

Super 16 - Bracket B - Match 2

Wow, this is an odd matchup.

Match 2
Syphon Filter
Vs.
NHL '94

Syphon Filter is unique; it's a bit of a dark horse on this overall list of favorite games. But it does have this special place in my heart. By comparison, games from the past generations blow it away. Graphically, it is awful. Control is ehhhhhh. But its story is interesting; interesting enough to make the most recent season of 24 extra bland and pretty bad.

-----

NHL '94 and NHL 09. The two best hockey games ever made and ever played. What makes '94 special is the simple gameplay, quick games, sweet rosters, and Brian Leetch and the New York Rangers. Would I love the NHL as much as I do now had I never played NHL '94? I think it is obvious that my love for the game would hardly even stretch past the Red Wings.

-----

I sit here and think: Which of these games do I love more? After the reasoning I gave behind NHL '94, it is hard to go the other way. Even its menu theme song is cooler.

Winner: NHL '94

No comments: