Monday, June 29, 2009

Super 16 - Bracket B - Match 1

It's been a long time, huh? Well, I am going to super charge this one, with a very quick dual match up to cover both challenges from Bracket B. No images to dress this post up, sorry. I have no excuse for not updating this bracket. It's been over a year, I should have gotten done with it in two months.

-----

Match 1
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Vs.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl


MGS4 is storytelling at its finest. Video games used to be solely about playing them, until this franchise came along. Many gamers can argue about long cut scenes interrupting play, but the story drives this game. The graphics are top notch. Raiden is not a bitch.

This has favorite written all over it. I foresee it reaching the finals. (No promises though) I bought a PS3 because of this game. I do not regret it. PS3 is a quality and under appreciated game console. MGS4 is not under appreciated. It is respected by critics and gamers alike. It's earned perfect scores from many sites and magazines. It's earned a perfect score from me.

-----

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is amazing. This is the best local multiplayer known to man. The extended roster boosts replayability through the roof, but then again, once you find your best fighter (or for me, my best 6) its hard to change your ways.

I will say this is my favorite local multiplayer game. Better than a local Guitar Hero band, since you do not get tired of the set list, and you don't need to be a pro to play Brawl. Button mashing is a tactic, but come on! You only need to use two button! It's brilliant!

-----

Sadly, for Brawl, I got all reminiscent of it typing that. But I haven't been around the people I play it with in months. MOOOOONTHS. Even if it hadn't been, it would be hard to justify why this game is "better" than MGS4. Brawl doesn't have that groundbreaking, horripilating experience when you play it. And I love my games to tell me a story (which is also why I love RPGs (and I'm not knocking down Brawl's Adventure mode)).

Winner: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.

No comments: