Tuesday, March 11, 2008

BRAWL pt1

So yeah, it has been over a month since I posted. I won't lie; I have not been busy at all.

However, the past three days have been busy.

Brawling.

Immediately, I want to get one thing out of the way: I dislike how play is a bit slower than Melee, in Melee I could knock you off the screen with a smash attack and you would go flying in a blink. In Brawl, the speed at which I destroy you off the screen is slowed and de-intensified. (I also dislike Marth's reach being shortened).

So James and I easily put in 13 hours of gameplay on Sunday, Brawling immediately with who was available at first. We started the Subspace Emissary, but paused for sleep at 4 am (daylight savings time robbed an hour of Brawling from us. We will never get it back).

We picked up where we left off that afternoon and unlocked everyone we could through the SSE, and then that night I went through and unlocked everyone else. Yes, Jigglypuff too.

The Final Smash is new in Brawl, which builds up the excitement of a match when it appears because it turns into a mad dash to get it. Some characters' attack is far better, while others (like Meta Knight's) can be easily wasted and highly ineffective (or even completely useless).

My favorite new item is the Assist Trophy, which acts like a Pokeball, but is not restricted to Pokemon. Random characters from all sorts of Nintendo games come and deal damage to your opponents, and I have found that Saki from Sin & Punishment is the most lethal. He can shoot from a distance, rush your opponent, and then slice and dice with the blade on his gun. Very awesome.

I feel as if I have included plenty in this post, so I will save a lot more thoughts for later on. Up next will be my impressions of the new characters.

No comments: